Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2009

It's Too Darned HOT

Isn't the weather lovely?
I usually go to my dance class in jeans and T - shirt. Have you tried jiving in this heat? I had to come up with a cooler alternative.


I made this little Lindy dress over two days, it's a New Look pattern I've used before and ever so simple.


I must now take this dress off to wash it - it's so comfy I'm wearing it all the time.


Also - I've had a little more success with a reproduction 1940's swing dress pattern that's been in and out of my sewing box for months. The skirt fits perfectly, the top needs a little attention. I will blog it as soon as it's 'come together.'

My day job is easing off a little and I've been so chuffed to get back sewing, until my machine did that poltergeist thing and started sewing all by itself at 100mph. Poor thing - it was my mother's circa 1970's .. it's going to have to visit the sewing machine hospital soon.

Here's a corsage I made for Flib, you can see the delightful claret coloured retro machine..


1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Is that one of those cool old Viking machines? I have one that's a bit newer -- it's brown. I guess if those machines are retro, so am I! Love the cute dress. Oh, and great to see you blogging again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...